* Dr. Stephanie M. Campos and Dr. Jesualdo Fuentes-G. both successfully defended their PhDs!!! Stephanie is moving on to a postdoc at Georgia State University with Walt Wilczynski, and Jesualdo is doing a postdoc with Jason Pienaar at the University of Alabama.
- Julio and Heather headed down to Tucson to attend the Madrean Conference 2018, where they presented posters on the biogeographic history, sympatry and trait divergence of the genus Sceloporus.
- Melissa Lopez joins the Martins Lab. Welcome!
- Dr. Nishad Jayasundara, from the School of Marine Sciences at the University of Maine visits the Martins Lab!
- Stephanie shared some of the lab's early findings on the impact of relative abundance of compounds in Sceloporus chemical signals during the annual Animal Behavior Conference at the Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior (IU, Bloomington).
- Undergraduate student Morgan Herrmann presented her first-ever research poster on Sceloporus jarrovii chemosensory behavior at the 25th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium hosted by The School of Life Sciences at ASU. Well done!
- Cristina and Julio had the pleasure to be invited speakers at the Tucson Herpetological Society, where they shared details about the lab's current and future projects with Sceloporus lizards. The title of their talk: "A comparative look at the genus Sceloporus: The evolution of communication and biogeography".
- The Martins Lab participated in their first ASU Open Door, an outreach event aiming to bring research closer to the community, with hands-on activities on sensory perception ("Battle of the sensory systems") and evolution ("Hide to survive: How predators shape lizard coloration").
- Piyumika and Stephanie represented the Martins Lab at the Society of Integrative & Comparative Biology (SICB) meeting in San Francisco, presenting their work on zebrafish (Danio rerio) sensory behavior and sociality, and phylogenetic relationships of chemical signal composition in Sceloporus lizards, respectively.
* We're in Arizona now!
- Dr. Delawrence J. Sykes successfully defended his PhD and will be moving to a postdoc in the University of Michigan IRACDA program!
- Johanel Cáceres successfully defended her MS and will be moving on to a PhD program at Penn State!